To anyone who is dealing with them, acne scars can be quite unbearable. They not only affect your physical appearance, but also dampen your self-confidence. Acne scarring happens as a result of blemishes that have become inflamed. When left untreated, this skin issue can easily become a permanent dilemma.
Fortunately, you can now turn to natural acne scar treatment solutions to deal with acne scars removal. They are generally safe, unless you have sensitive skin or skin allergies. In such a case, be sure to talk to your doctor first before trying any skin product or remedy. They are easy to apply and you can generally already find the ingredients you need inside your home.
Natural Acne Scar Treatment: Easy Solutions for Treating Acne Scars
Today, there a number of available natural treatments for your acne scars that you can readily try to treat both your acne scarring and pimples. Here are some natural acne treatment solutions you can try using at home:
1. Try this fenugreek seeds remedy. Fenugreek seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to the body, especially the skin. Experts even say that because of this, these seeds are rich in medicinal properties that prove to be effective in treating various forms of skin problems, including acne scars.
For starters, fenugreek seeds are rich in vitamin K, which is a vitamin commonly found in various skin and facial care creams. Vitamin k is highly regarded for its blood clotting properties and its ability to reduce any form of scarring, whether it be from acne, stretch marks or spider veins.
Fenugreek also happens to be rich in vitamin A, a necessary vitamin when it comes to treating various skin disorders like acne scarring, psoriasis and eczema. These seeds are also high in thiamine and vitamin B1, which is needed to keep your skin, nails and hair healthy. Aside from vitamins, fenugreek seeds are also packed with minerals that are good for the skin. These include magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron and selenium.
When it comes to healing acne scars, the way fenugreek seeds work is that draws harmful toxins from your skin while improving its elasticity. As acne scarring usually results from inflammation, fenugreek also works to reduce this so that you don’t experience acne again.
To start treating your acne scars with fenugreek seeds, you can make your own fenugreek face wash at home. To do this, put equal amounts of fenugreek seeds and water in a pot. Let simmer over the stove. After 10 minutes, strain the seeds out of the water. Use the said water to wash your face regularly.
You can also try treating your acne scarring with a fenugreek face mask. Mix together some fenugreek paste with boiled milk. Add some raw honey to the mixture if you want to and mix well together. Apply this paste onto your face and leave on for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
2. Use a baking soda and water solution. Baking soda is known to be an efficient and potent remedy when it comes to healing acne scars. It is a natural anti-inflammatory solution and works to balance the pH level of your skin so that bacteria cannot clump around it again. It also encourages more collagen production so that those indented gaps from acne scars on your skin can now be filled up.
Baking soda also happens to be effective when it comes to exfoliating the skin. It can remove any dead skin cells, oil and dirt that may have been trapped in your pores. It also happens to be good at removing your scar tissues layer after layer so that there will be no visible signs of it anymore.
To treat your acne scars with some baking soda, you can make a simple baking soda face mask by mixing together two tablespoons of baking soda with a tablespoon of water. As soon as the mixture turns into a paste, apply the mask directly over the affected areas in your skin. Massage the paste gently for two to three minutes into your skin for better absorption.
Let the mask dry for five to 10 minutes before rinsing it off with some lukewarm water. For best results, it is recommended that you apply this mask on your acne scars around twice a week.
Alternatively, you can also make a baking soda mask by mixing together some baking soda and olive oil and turning them into a paste. Once ready, massage this around the affected areas for around five to seven minutes for better skin absorption. Wash it off your skin with lukewarm water and repeat this regularly for best results.
3. Apply some egg whites on your acne scars. Believe it or not, egg whites have amazing powers when it comes to treating acne scars. For starters, they happen to be a rich source of proteins and a number of amino acids. This helps tighten any holes on your skin caused by the scarring as it also lightens your acne.
To treat your acne scarring with some egg whites, crack three eggs and separate the egg whites from yolks in a small clean bowl. Whip up the egg whites lightly until they become fluffy and white. Apply this to all the affected areas on your skin. Let it dry before rinsing the whipped egg whites off with some lukewarm water. For best results, it is recommended that you apply this to your acne and pimple scars around two to three times every week.
4. Consider using coconut oil. Coconut oil happens to be rich in natural anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. This helps fight off any bacterial infections you may have on your skin. It also contains a high percentage of fatty acids and lauric acids that can stop any overgrowing bacteria from acne to spread further. Not to mention, this oil can also readily neutralize harmful free radicals.
The good thing about coconut oil is that it has a tendency to mimic your skin’s very own natural oil so there is always less chance that it will end up clogging your skin’s pores every time you apply it. At the same time, this oil also cools down the skin, relieving any inflammation on it.
In order to treat your acne scars with coconut oil, simply drizzle some oil on your fingertips and massage all affected areas on your skin in gentle circular motions for about five minutes. Leave the oil on your face for 10 minutes before rinsing it with warm water and then, with cool water. You may also choose the leave the coconut oil on your skin overnight.
Meanwhile, you can also make a coconut oil and baking soda paste by mixing together a tablespoon of coconut oil with a teaspoon of baking soda. When the paste is ready, massage it into your skin and leave it on for around five minutes. Wet your fingers and massage the paste on your skin some more for around 10 minutes. Afterwards, rinse it off with cool water and pat your skin dry. For best results, use this paste daily.
To make this natural acne treatment more effective, you can also add some coconut oil into your daily diet. Take a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil each day. Spread it out between your breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. After some time, gradually adjust your coconut oil intake to three tablespoons.
5. Apply some rosehip seed oil. Rosehip seed oil happens to be rich in a number of vitamins including vitamin E, A and C. It is also a rich source of both essential fatty acids and antioxidants. This helps the skin regenerate new, healthy skin cells while letting the scars heal. It also makes this oil effective in treating your acne or any other form of scarring in the skin. Not to mention, it’s a brilliant anti-aging oil too.
To make your acne scars fade using rosehip seed oil, apply a small amount of the rosehip oil on the palm of your hand. Pat the oil gently around the affected areas of your skin using your fingertips. Let your skin absorb the oil completely.
It’s important to note that your face skin must be clean before you apply the rosehip seed oil. Ideally, your skin should be exfoliated prior to the application to allow the oil to penetrate your skin deeper.
6. Use sandalwood and rose water. Sandalwood happens to be an effective cleaning agent that can remove any stubborn dirt from your skin pores. It is also known to be a natural antiseptic that easily clears any stubborn skin blemishes such as blackheads, and acne scars while preventing any further bacterial growth.
Sandalwood also happens to be a natural astringent which protects the skin from cuts, rashes, wounds, prickly heat, allergies, abrasion and you guessed it, acne. To make a home skin remedy using sandalwood, you can get some in either powder or oil form.
To make a sandalwood and rose water acne skin mask, just mix together some sandalwood powder and a few drops of rose water in order to make a paste. When it’s ready, apply it directly over the affected areas of your skin. Wait for the mask to dry, this can take around 10 to 15 minutes.
Afterwards, remove the mask by spraying a bit of water on it and rubbing the mask off gently with a damp cloth. This particular mask works well if you have oily skin as it has a bit of drying effect. Should you be suffering from dry skin, you can substitute milk for the rose water.
7. Try a skin recovery system that includes acne scar treatment cream. ClearPores has devised an entire skin treatment system to deal with troubling acne scars. It starts with a Skin Cleaning System herbal supplement that works to flush out toxins that cause your acne breakouts from the inside.
Meanwhile, the system also comes complete with a facial wash that prevents any more acne flare ups and a cream to keep acne away by limiting the growth of any acne bacteria.
8. Do a sweet sugar scrub. You may not know this, but sugar happens to contain glycolic acid which is effecting in removing your dead skin cells while encouraging skin cell regeneration. The best part is it’s gentle so that you can readily use this scrub even when you have sensitive skin.
To make your very own sugar scrub, measure a one and a half cup of white sugar and a one and a half cup of brown sugar in a bowl along with two to three tablespoons of coarse sea salt. Mix this well together before drizzling in about half a cup of extra virgin olive oil on top.
Let sit and wait for the oil to get soaked through half of the sugar and salt mixture. When this is done, add in four to five tablespoons of pure vanilla extract and mix well. You can now scrub this mixture gently onto the affected areas of your skin before washing if off completely. For best results, repeat this sugar scrub regularly.
Alternatively, you can also make a sugar scrub by mixing together some organic raw cane sugar with some virgin olive oil. The ratio of your ingredients must be two-to-one. Add some drops of lemon juice until the mixture becomes a paste that you can apply on your skin.
Put it on the affected areas directly and leave it on for fifteen minutes before washing it off. For most effective results, do this scrub on your skin every other day or every three days.
9. Try some strawberries and honey. Strawberries happen to be rich in salicylic acid, an ingredient commonly found in popular acne scar treatment cream brands. This acid has the power to open up all of your clogged skin pores in order to neutralize the bacteria that’s been plaguing it. As it does it, it also slightly shrinks your pores so that clogs can be prevented in the future.
Strawberries also encourage the growth of new cells in the skin. Meanwhile, honey as anti-inflammatory properties that fights off bacteria, which may cause the appearance of new acne on your skin. this is why strawberries and honey make for a good acne scar remedy when combined.
To make your own strawberry and honey skin paste, rinse three pieces of fresh strawberries and mash them together well. Just be sure not to mash them too much that they already become runny. Once you’re done mashing, add in two teaspoons of honey and mix them well together.
Apply this skin paste on all the affected areas of your skin and allow for it to stay on for about 20 minutes. Rinse the paste off completely with warm water before gently patting it dry. Apply a moisturizer if you have dry skin. For most effective results, use this paste on your acne scars at least twice a week for one month or more.
10. Use ice to treat your acne scarring. Yes, it’s nothing but frozen water, but ice is known to be effective when it comes to reducing any swelling or redness due to both your acne scars and pimples. It makes acne scars disappear without causing any allergies or adverse skin reactions.
To treat your acne with ice cubes, get a clean wash cloth and use it to wrap a few ice cubes. Rub this wash cloth around the areas of your skin with acne scars for around 10 to 15 minutes. This helps contract your skin, thereby tightening your pores. For best results, repeat this ice skin routine every day.
One thing you should remember when treating your acne scars with ice is to avoid applying the ice directly on your skin. This is because doing so may cause you to suffer from frostbite.
11. Try an apple cider vinegar treatment solution. Apple cider vinegar is known to be effective in treating almost all kinds of skin problems, including dandruff, age spots, stretch marks and yes, even those stubborn acne scars.
To treat your acne scarring with apple cider vinegar, combine a tablespoon of the vinegar with a tablespoon of water. Mix them well together. Once done, get a clean cotton swab and dab it into the mixture. Apply this all over the affected parts of your skin. Leave this on your skin overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
You can also try applying the apple cider vinegar on your skin plain. If you happen to have sensitive skin, however, it is more advisable to add some water in it before applying it to your scars.
12. Mash up some tomatoes. Tomatoes happen to be an excellent source of vitamin C, which does wonders for the skin as it helps make any form of scarring or damage on it disappear completely.
To treat your acne scars with tomatoes, just chop them up roughly and mash them into a paste. Apply this all over the affected areas on your skin. Leave on for a few minutes before washing it off.
Alternatively, you can also just put tomato slices over the affected areas of your body for a few minutes. Wait a few minutes before removing the slices and rinsing your body completely. For best results, do this regularly.
13. Consider using your daily oatmeal. Oatmeal has the power to exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells without gently and effectively. When oatmeal is cooked, it also effective in reducing any redness and inflammation in the skin that can be caused by acne flare ups or pimples.
To make your own oatmeal mask, just take some steel cut oats and cook them according to the instructions on its box. You just need one serving of oatmeal to make your mask. Once it cooked, leave it to cool down to room temperature.
After it’s been cooled, take some of the oatmeal and apply them over the affected areas. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it off completely and gently patting your skin dry.
Meanwhile, you can also make an oatmeal by cooking one serving of oatmeal and adding in two tablespoons of honey while it is still hot. Allow the oatmeal mixture to cool down before applying it onto the affected areas. For best results, use the oatmeal mask or oatmeal honey mask regularly.
14. Have a refreshing mint treatment. Mint leaves are known to be effective in decontaminating acne scars and making them fade away completely. To use a mint remedy, just crush some fresh mint leaves and strain the juice that comes from it.
Apply this juice all over the affected areas. Leave on for a few minutes before rinsing it off. Do this to your acne scars every day for best results.
You can also do a mint mask by adding some gram flour and rose water to the crushed mint leaves if you have oily skin or honey if you have dry skin. Combine them well together and apply all over the affected areas. Wash it off after a few minutes and pat your skin dry.
15. Try this cooling yogurt and cucumber juice remedy. Yogurt is rich in lactic acid which helps rejuvenate the skin while making troublesome acne scars fade away, sometimes almost completely. Meanwhile, cucumber happens to be rich in vitamins B1, C and A, all of which are necessary to nourish the skin.
To treat your acne scars with yogurt and cucumber juice, simply crush a cucumber and strain the juice before adding yogurt to the liquid. Mix them well together to make a paste. Once done, apply the paste all over the affected areas.
Ideally, you should leave the paste on for 20 minutes. Afterwards, wash it off with water and pat your skin gently to dry. For most effective results, apply this yogurt and cucumber paste regularly to your acne scars.
If you’re suffering from acne and pimple scars, don’t despair. There are now a number of natural acne scar treatment options that you can readily try at home for effective acne scar removal. Go over them and see what works for you best. It also doesn’t hurt to consult with your dermatologist about natural acne treatment before trying anything.